Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lonely River




I wrote this one at a bit of a low point.  I felt I had no one to talk to.  Like I had been forsaken, even by god.  With no one left, I wrote the song to my only friends around....words.    I begin each verse with the word I'm addressing but I feel in the end it is just a prayer.



Forever,
Seems we’ve been here all along
I know you’ve been runnin’
beside me all these years
Now I’ve fallen
and you know how hard
I can be
but it’s left me here bleedin’
set me on my knees

Forgiveness,
when are you comin’ back to me
I gave you away freely
never to return
I’ve been dancin’ with sorrow
but I know there ain’t nothin’ she can do
On the banks of this river
I’m waiting for you






Caught in the fire and rain
am I keepin’ or quenchin’ this pain
I feel so
so alone  

Always been a penitent man
God help me
understand
Am I lyin’
Show me sign


Promise,
sing me a sweet lullaby
A tale of a new day
as darkness fills my eyes
I’ve been runnin’ from shadow
and you know just how cold
he can be
But if you keep me dreamin’
I know I am free

Tomorrow,
oh you’ve been comin’ for 
too long
See we’ve been fightin’
praying for the dawn
Oh, but I’ve seen you hidin’
 behind that smile in the night
Led me to this river
set me on my knees

Take me Lonely River
Take me back to Sea.







No comments:

Post a Comment