Monday, April 4, 2011

Regret Revisited



At the advice of a friend I shortened and revised an old poem into a song.  The full version is also on this blog.





Queen 'o' the Wisp

I can recall it even now
It was a Blood Red
                summer moon
I caught a light down at the banks
Though it rained steel chains
                from Peter’s Gates

Oh her light, it seemed
To beg me into embrace
Drawn, hypnotized by the Queen o the Wisp


She kept her hair pulled back in flames
Speaking in tongues with no need
                to explain
I watched her lift clear off the ground
Over that Delta blue
                with a starry crown

Oh how her light, it seemed
To pull my hand to her waist
Moving in time would be
the distance that we
                never could close
Lost to the wilds with the Queen o the Wisp


I don’t expect you to understand
After all, how could you,
                if not this man?
And I don’t speak her name no more
It’s a dark room
                with a locked door

Oh I’d be lying if I
Told you of no mistakes
But sometimes those words become
                the very thing
                we need to move on
Burnin’ alive with the Queen o the Wisp

No comments:

Post a Comment